Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Coffee card swap for May 2021

 Aloha~ 

Well, this card may looks familiar to some of you.. Yes, I was inspired by the USPS's newly released stamps (last month)! I was making a different card for this recipient, but I got stuck with the idea of finishing that card after coloring the design. So I took a break from making the card, and started to think of what I would write inside, and I remembered that this recipient was asking for these postage stamps cuz she didn't live in US. So I grabbed the stamps to enclose, and it hit me. I would make a card, being inspired by these stamps! I have more ideas from being inspired by these postage stamps but this is my first! What do you think?   

This is the "inspiration" 😀

I always loved collecting postage stamps, so I have bought a couple of "postage stamp shape" die sets, but haven't really used them before.. I'm happy I could use them! Since this is a slim line card, my huge collection of 6 x 6 pretty background paper wouldn't work, and went through my much smaller stash of larger designer's papers. Well, I found this. I think I had this paper for like 20 years!! LOL! I think the colors and design matched the most among all the larger papers I had. If I didn't find the match, I didn't mind, making one but I like how this paper worked out for this card. 😊 I used the foam tape for the sentiment on the top but used 5 die cut background card stock under "Coffee" sentiment, because it was easier than using foam tape for curved shape, not to mention I couldn't decide which color would be the best for dark brown "coffee" sentiment on top, at first, so I die cut 5 different colored card stock.lol They became in handy! 😊

"Inspiration" is everywhere! Thank you for stopping by my blog today! 
Hope your week has started great! Love, Eve

2 comments:

Hetty said...

I am the lucky receiver of this card and the postage stamps.
What a wonderful gift arrived in my mailbox in The Netherlands,

So happy with this card and so glad you saved this wonerful background paper.
Some things just need time before you used them.I find it hard to part with papers or cut aparts that i realy love. Once they are gone, you can never find them again.
Thanks again for your wonderful gift. xxx

Sue from Oregon said...

Stash is good-I have been making more of an effort to use my oldie but goodie supplies too. I love your coffee card and those coffee stamps are cool! I just bought some Star Wars stamps...trying to figure out how to make a cute card for my grandsons! Thanks for popping in to say Hello! ♥ Sue K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...