Sunday, August 18, 2024

Happy Birthday!

The birthday of my former boss is coming up next week. When I started to think about what kind of cards to make, Simon Says stamp came up with this stamp set~ Football Season! She loves college football as much as I do. The last time I talked to her was in April when the NFL draft started. Without hesitation, I ordered it right away! This stamp set is amazing, esp. if you love to watch football, and have many friends who love to watch football, college and NFL. So, what do you think of my card, the front and inside? 

I used LF's paper, making "grass" (inking) on the bottom. I used these SSS stamps and colored with Copics. I adhered the front panel onto the Doodlebug design's football paper. 
Inside was a little more complicated. I colored the helmet with her alma mater's color first. I used Tim Holtz alphabet dies for her school logo. The real design of the helmet is "warrior's head" (Trojan) but it was hard for me to make one. lol Instead, I used another logo USC uses, like on uniforms etc. on this helmet. "Fight On!" is their saying so I hand wrote in Uniball's gold pen. I used SSS "printed" sentiment, attached to the card stock which I colored in their school color, with Copics. I placed the whole panel onto the back of the football paper again.  
I'm mailing this with this Oven mitt. I bet she will have a big smile when she opens the mail! We DO LOVE to watch football games, esp. NCAA. 
Hope you are having a good weekend. Here in Honolulu, POKEMON world championship is being held. Yesterday, I saw so many tourists at the mall which is a couple of blocks away from the convention center where it's being held. Some of them are dressed up with their hats, t-shirts and carrying Pokemon's tote bag, so it's easy to spot them. lol Love, Eve

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...