Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mojo Monday 175











Ok, I miss summer, beach & tropical islands very much, as you can tell & some of you alreaday know... I decided to use these two stamps from Guam for this week's sketch at Mojo Monday. These flowers are named Plumeria and you always see them all over Guam! I saw 11 turtles on the North Shore of the island of Oahu, Hawaii, when I went there for the 2nd time, after I moved there. They come to the shore and I could even touch them because I was so close to one of the turtle! But I was told that it was inhibited. I also saw another turtle overturned by the wave, when it was trying to "climb??" the small rock on the beach. The group of 3 (2 young men & a girl) also saw this turtle, and a man went to HELP it, kind of pulling the turtle's hand, to the ground!! I'm attaching those pictures. We can see Dolphines often in Guam, and I even saw a Baby Shark during the low tide but this was my first time to see the TURTLE in wild, and there were even 11 of them! I counted them! LOL! That was a nice, fun & WARM day... while I'm typing this, Pro Bowl is on TV... they are showing the sites of Hawaii...I lived in Waikiki where I could see Diamond head... two blocks from the beach...To make the turtle's shell a bit real, I used the glossy accent. I attached Plumeria & the turtle with pop up dimentional glue. Good thing that I had this "bubble" embossed CS in my scrap, to use, because my cuttlebug is broken...

3 comments:

Sparkly Engineer said...

The turtle shell looks so real. Another winning card. I love the plumeria. I remember them from when I was a little girl in HI. They were and are one of my very favorite flowers and the scent....

Anonymous said...

Eve Great job on coloring the shell. You are a busy lady and your work is awesome. I love looking at them. Thank you for sharing. It makes me miss the Alabama beach. Hugs Cathy

Card Crazy said...

Delightful card, Eve. Makes me think of warm summer breezes and waves lapping on shore. You see, I miss my Lake Michigan home like you miss Guam. :)
Sue S.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...