Saturday, January 14, 2012

House Mouse Swap Cards



I belong to House Mouse Yahoo group, and we have monthly swap. Last month, it was Anything Goes & this month, "GUAM swap!" LOL! I know, probably nobody nor no group ever had this theme before. LOL! I was back in Guam from last October, and although I have tons of Stamping supplies there, they are all 8~10 years old things, BEFORE the stamping industry came up with so many fancy things (til this day!), and I missed the CURRENT trend, esp. Cuttlebug which I couldn't bring. Anyways, Guam Swap is to make a card using the things which was available about 8 years ago, which means, no cuttlebug, no fancy dp, etc. This is the card I made for my partner. ONLY thing I missed is that THIS House Mouse stamp is rather new, not available about 8 years ago.. LOL! Some Mousie friend mentioned, and I realized after finishing making it! LOL! The card is rather self explanatory. I STAMPED all over on the background paper. Back then, there weren't many fancy DP available, and we MADE our own, stamping lots on the paper. I stamped the two mice on the front and a coffee cup on another paper & card stock and layered them to give them more dimention. Jute cord was there to show the tie for the coffee bag you usualy see in real life, to close the bag. :-) oh back then, there were no Distress ink, and I SPONGED the dye ink around the image :-) The 2nd card is last months' swap card; anything goes. I made this card, with bright colors & rather summery image, cuz I HATE winter... I LUV SUNSHINE, Blue Sky & WARM temp. :-) I stamped another mouse & some of the flower petals, layered them with dimentional foam to give the depth to the image. I cut a little where the oar goes into the water, to give the smooth look from the height, into the water. and I colored the white edge of the slit with the perfect pearls I used for the water, for more natural look. Yes, we had Perfect pearls, and I luved using them a lot back then :-)

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Hope you all are having a nice long weekend :-)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy both of these cards are amazing!!!! The little mouse rowing the boat is adorable!!!!! You did a wonderful job on both of these!!!!!The coffee bag is stunning!!!!! Wow excellent work!!!!!

Peggie said...

These are both adorable. Love all the special accents and 3D effects.

Sue from Oregon said...

These are super cute Eve!

Booknplays said...

Adorable cards, Eve. I have never seen that second stamp of the mousie rowing! Your cards are always so full of eye catching things, and see, you don't need new-fangled gadgets to make a great card!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Eve you always make these little mice come to life with your color and designs!

Card Crazy said...

Oh how cute! Love the burlap coffee sack - it looks so real! Our little meeses always make me smile. They're good for the heart :)
Sue S.

Miles said...

Great blog I enjoyed reaading

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...