Sunday, November 21, 2010

Simon says ... Sparkle!






This is the kind of Christmas trees the tropical islands have! lol :-) This christmas "palm" tree is from Guam's Original Stamp company. For this week's "sparkle" challenge, i used gems under the sentiment. I used yellow Stickles in the middle of Plumeria flowers; tropical flowers you can find all over on the tropical islands :-) I also used silver gel pens to the ornaments & wreath. I used red liquid pearls on berries on the wreath. I used simmery light blue card stock too, so in person, this card is even more Sparkling than on the pic! :-) I also luv all the blue colors i used for this card. To distress the main image & the sentiment, i used Tim Holtz' Faded Jeans & Broken china distress inks. I saw the great image,using these 2 colors, recently, from Kathy's blog (The Daily Marker), so i bought myself the Faded Jeans color inkpad. The little hard thing i did was to cut all little ornaments, to attach with 3d glue dots, cuz they are very small to handle. I also did that for the wreath. I'm also sending this to my NEW online friend, in Wisconsin, as RAK (swap), to surprise her, with this card (she doesn't know my blog address yet! ;-)) I don't think she's ever seen Christmas "Palm" tree before, on the christmas card! ;-) For this RAK, i'm supposed to attach the holiday recipe. I stamped on the corner of the recipe card with CTMH stamp, as you can see it on the 3rd pic.... Now you can see how much i miss my beautiful Tropical islands life...



4 comments:

Card Crazy said...

Oh Miss Eve. That card is just too adorable. Living in palm tree country myself, I can relate. It's fun to see the shopping malls wrap their palms with Christmas lights and decorate them with big red bows. Actually, more like the first Christmas than that yucky snow, huh?
Sue S.

Annie said...

what a sweet card!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card and love the adorable image.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Peggie said...

What a fun card. Great job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...