Sunday, September 17, 2017

Hello, Pumpkin!

Not like the last year, time allows me to make more Halloween cards this year 😊. I'm entering this card to My Favorite Things 2017 Card design Superstar contest, in CAS category. 



I stamped the pumpkin and the stem first on the white cs. Then I stamped the face on pumpkin . And I used clear EP to emboss the whole "carved" pumpkin. Then I used the distress ink, masking the pumpkin to give a bit of a "fall" look, instead of having a plain "white" background. Then I used stencils over the "distressed colored" cs, using a bit of darker color distress ink. I stamped two faces over the stenciled background. I cut this front panel out using the frame die from Blueprints 20 die set, attached to black cs. I used the banner die from the the same die set, stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set. The banner was a bit long, so I cut the right side, and ran the edge of the banner with the frame die to give "the stitches" to match. I wrapped the ribbon (from my stash, years ago.. probably Michaels or Joann..) and adhered the sentiment banner with foam adhesive. I used Nuvo Crystal drops for the finishing touch.

To be qualified, we have to use MFT Stamps, Dies, Stencils & Patterned paper. (Non-MFT CS, inks, embellishments are  allowed to use, according to MFT on FB.) So I used, 
Stamps ~ Spooky Sweets
Stencils ~ English Brick Wall
Dies ~ Blueprints 20

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Eve

Update ~ now time to mail this card, and I decorated the inside 😊 Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

karen adams said...

That's so cute!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Cathy said...

This is absolutely adorable. love it. great card Sweetie. hugs, Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...