Thursday, September 14, 2017

"Happy Haunting"!

A little early but Happy Halloween! ;) Well, I've been dying to use my new addition, which is Lawn Fawn's "shadow box" die set! Usually my mind doesn't get ready for the "occasions" early enough but not this year. lol I think that part of it was contributed to make "Christmas in July" card! lol Anyways, so here it is. I'm sending this to my Godmother's daughter who gets excited about Halloween. Hope she will like it. I'm also submitting to Lawnfawnatics challenge #12, "Create a scene". 


I used a sheet of acetate to attach to the 2nd hillside cutout so that I could stamp ghosts and bats and looks like "flying & floating". I used a little moon die from Lawn Fawn's winter village set. I love that stamp set and bought the die set also. Perfect shape and cut out, no stamping, and attached to the back "wall" of this shadow box. 
Spider web got the shimmer from the wink of stella :) So, can you (Lawn Fawnn fans) guess which stamp set I used for this trick-or-treater in ghost costume? I don't have"trick-or-treater" stamps. So I used a "snow penguin" stamp from "Snow Cool" (penguin's) set. 1. I used "mirror stamping technique" because I already placed the tree on the left (lol!). 2. I didn't ink the "carrot nose" from the original image. 3. I used a trick-or-treater bag from Penny black stamp set and cut that out, and attached to the "snow penguin's" hand! lol I thought it worked out pretty well ;) 


Weekend is almost here. Have a great one! 

Eve

Update : These are the sides of this shadow box. The stamp I used is "A muse art stamp" , and woodmounted red rubber stamp. I've had this for more than 12 years. Still comes in handy when the Halloween is near 😃 I don't think this company is no longer in business tho. I found this nice designed paper from my stash, and distressed them, to coordinate with this shadow box. I'll write the message on the back, in the oval die cut out, in lighter color. 



2 comments:

Cathy said...

I am not a Halloween person but this is cute Sweetie

Nancy K said...

Super cute shadow box card! Such a clever idea to make a ghost from the penguin snowman, so impressed! I'm so happy you shared with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...