Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving #2

My 2nd Thanksgiving card this year. I used this SU! stamps which I never used til now... the box says 2000 release, so, I probably bought it around that time. It's a stamp set and comes in a plastic container. The container was yellowed after 17 years of the release, but the wood mounted red rubber stamps are intact! These are the kind of stamps I just love to "decorate" my craft space with. 😊

Water coloring has been a trend for a while, and like this, background brush strokes. I combined old with the new, and this is rather clean card I made for my non stamping friend. All leaves are heat embossed in gold over the background coloring. Since these leaves are beautiful as the way they are, I wanted to show the stamped images as much as possible, and came up with the idea of using vellum for the sentiment, and used the short sentiment, too, to not distract the whole image. That's also the reason I used thin colorless twine on the bottom. Same reason for only two sequins. I used a MFT's stitched banner die, to give just a little bit of interest. I used "Rose Gold" embossing powder for the sentiment. It's kind of the thing at the moment, and several stamp companies released this beautiful color for EP. 

I'm submitting this to SimonSaysStamp Monday~Thanks/Thanksgiving challenge

Have a nice day! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
Eve

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Love those leaves. I love the color against those color backgrounds. It makes them stand out so beautifully. Great card Sweetie.

Maura said...

Great card, Eve, with the blocks of color and the leaves. It has a nice organic feel to it! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...