Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Happy Girl's Day!

Aloha~ I posted this picture, 11 years ago, but since I happened to be on blogger on March 3rd this year, I decided to post it here, once again. Happy Girl's day! I'm copying and pasting what I wrote, 11 years ago, first.

"Today, March 3rd is GIRL'S DAY in Japan, although it's not a National holiday, while Boy's day/Children's day on May 5 is a national holiday...not fair, huh??!! Formerly, people believed the dolls possessed the power to contain the bad spirits, and they started to display these special dolls about 1300 years ago. ...yea Japan has a long history... if you want to know more about it, you can find it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinamatsuri You can see the pics of those dolls display there too. The pic. I've attached here is the dolls I made, some years ago, imitating those top two (couple) of many dolls, usually being displayed on the red carpets, but I made them in my CUTE way! When I visited Japan about 10 years ago, I bought Chirimen (special fabric for making, like kimono - Japanese traditional dress, although it's not the same) which is beautiful! They have different kinds & colors of Chirimen. Someone asked me to sell it, and I said I wouldn't sell even they pay me $1,000! 😅 Those dolls I made are small, taking the space of maybe, 8" wide & 6" tall. Not because those fabrics were rather expensive, but I made them in details. It was difficult to sew that chirimen which is rather slippery, like silk. Anyways, I just remembered it today, on March 3rd."

I love these dolls, and since I only display for a couple of days every year, they still look new after like 20 years. 

Have a beautiful Girl's day! Love, Eve

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...