Saturday, January 29, 2022

Playing with new stencils

Aloha~

I finally found the time to "play" with some supplies I purchased in last couple of months. 

"Bamboos" are one of my fav. memories from childhood. My parents house had some of them. I used a couple of different inks and papers and I love the way the "background" papers turned out to be. I love panda bears, too, and have some stamps, so I'll definitely be making a card or two, with panda bear images! 🐼 

When I saw these stencil set, I had to have it, and most of you know why 😉 I first made background papers with "the sun" stencil. Although I used different inks, both came out fine. I wanted to dry completely before stenciling the other one, I waited over night. Well... my mistake was the first thing it came to my mind. .. how to have "black" ink without having 'colors' through, from the sun. I tried some black inks I have, on scratch papers, and I applied the darkest which was "pigment" ink, of course. The thing I should've been much more careful about in next step was "to remove the stencil" from the paper... well... THAT particular stencil was very slippery, harder to lift up and I failed to lift it at once, a couple of times.. and that's how it turned out... on your right in this picture...usually I'm really good hiding the mistakes but so far, with this, I haven't been able to come up with the idea yet... the stencil set is from Newton's Nook designs.
By the way, I "injured" myself with this Palm tree stencil.😢 When I was washing the stencil, a pointy part of palm pricked my finger! .. I had to put an ointment and bandage... fyi... please be careful...

This is my last play for the day. The stencil is from Picket fence. I've started to like making Slim cards/mini slim cards. Not only I can have a different kind of designs but also I love, FINALLY using 12 x 12 papers I hoarded since 20 + years ago and still haven't been able to use for making the envelopes for the slim cards and mini slim cards! It's really satisfying! LOL, just like I use those little left over scraps in "color separated boxes"!! I really like the design of this stencil. Yes, I already own MANY stencils and stamps and dies for making waves and rainbows but I really like THIS particular design! So, usually I use Blue inks or rainbows colors to make the background paper for this design, I used totally different colors. I used 3 colors to make this background paper. 

I'm not sure about you guys but I've always loved to make background papers. The harder part is to make a card with it. I have many background papers I made, "for relaxation" over the years, and that's one of the reasons I don't like to BUY designers papers.. but yes, I do buy them cuz they are hard to resist, "to hoard"! lol 

Hope you are having a great weekend! Tomorrow is AFC & NFC championship games! 🏈
To my east coast friends, please stay warm and stay safe! Love, Eve

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...